Re: Burning a .raw file...

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 02:54:47PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Siddhu wrote:
> > your Faq about the iso burning does not answer, how to burn a .raw
> > file.
>
> a .raw file is exactly the same as a .iso file and can be burned in
> the same way.

Rather than changing the FAQ, shouldn't we change the extension to be
".iso" for all images?

".raw" is really unusual, I've never encountered it elsewhere. And as
we can see from this question, the inconsistency of using 2 different
extensions for the same thing just leads to confusion.

(Um, Attila probably doesn't like the idea of seeing fsn.hu melt down,
with 12 mirrors each rsyncing 5GB of data from it... :-/ Does the
rsync mirror script use "rsync --hard-links"? In that case, the
complete rsync could be avoided by using hard links.)

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _