Re: 2.2_r6 jigdo files cdimage.d.o

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 10:37:27PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> Hmm.. This might be a very good idea if someone would write the
> jigdo-mirror script (or point me towards it if it is already done).

It doesn't exist yet, but I'm willing to write it (later this week).

Basically, what I'm thinking of is a script that can be run
immediately after the rsyncs that update the FTP archive and the jigdo
dir with all its contents.

jigdo-mirror would walk through the jigdo dir, look for files like
$jigdoDir/foo/bar/image.jigdo, and check whether any of those files is
newer than the corresponding $imageDir/foo/bar/image.iso. If yes (the
jigdo file was updated), it will (re)generate the image, using only
the files on the local mirror.

It will never try to download any missing files, instead it'll just
abort and wait to be re-run after the next archive update. Hm,
there'll also have to be an extra run over $imageDir to detect and
delete any images whose jigdo files were removed.

Is this what you want?

> For extra fun ftp.se.debian.org == ftp.gnome.org and the gnome
> desktop 2.0 release is currently scheduled for May 1st. :)

LOL, hopefully your server won't go up in smoke...

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _