Re: debian-cd single cd creation: Tasksel question

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Pablo Lorenzzoni wrote:

> | Chinese etc will be displayed.  There will be a broken installation
> | of the tasks if an attempt is made to install them.
> |
> | IMO, the easiest way remove unwanted tasks for a special CD would
> | be to build the file tree for the CD and remove the unwanted tasks
> | from the Task: field in the Packages (and Packages.gz) files.  Then
> | build the iso image.
>
> 	What this will cause? The task will still show up in Tasksel, won't
> it? And if the user select that task.... what happens? Does I have to
> recompile tasksel?
> 	How to do this? I am doing:
> (1) make distclean
> (2) make status
> (3) make bin-list SIZELIMIT=610000000 TASK=tasks/custom
> EXCLUDE=tasks/exclude.list
> (4) make bootable

> (5) make bin-image  <<<<<<<  Don't use this

(5) make packages
    make upgrade
    make md5list

In CONF.sh you configured this:-
# Path of the temporary directory
export TDIR=/ftp/tmp

This is the address of the file tree that is built into the iso images,
complete with Packages files.  These are the files you need to modify.

Then build your iso images using mkisofs.

If you can write a script that would do this automatically (sed?), I for
one would find it very useful.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz