Suggestion

Hi,

As a Debian fan I naturally chose this distribution when I had to install a Linux box under VMWARE.

This works fine of course (I’ve done it often), but what’s a little bit annoying is that the network device simulated by VMWARE is an AMD PCNET PCI card, witch happened to have disappeared from the driver list in the bf2.4 distribution. So my only install method is to start with a 2.2 kernel for the base installation, and then upgrade to the bf2.4 kernel… just because of that little driver…

So my question is: would it please be possible to add the AMD PCNET PCI driver to the standard 2.4 kernel install packages? That would just be so convenient for the VMWARE installs…

Truley yours,

François MARTIN

Expertis Lab

http://www.expertis-lab.com