PowerPC Problem

OK, so I downloaded the disk-1.iso file from a mirror in binary mode.

It maps Ok using DiskCopy, but I cant get it to boot from a burnt CD cos the yaboot config file is called 'yaboot.con' instead of 'yaboot.conf'???

Why should this be. I using a German iMac. Is there a setting somewhere in DiskCopy or elsewhere thats screwing the image up?.

Can I just boot off the HD partition and change the file extension to .conf or is this a symptom of other inconsistencies with the image.

Is there an md5sum App for Mac OS Classic?
Is there a jigdo App for MacOS Classic?

Help appreciated.