Re: Bochs can be helpful for bootdisk testing

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> cum veritate scripsit:

> > Also there have been some major reworks to make configuration easier,
> > so while you are at testing bootdisks you can test bochs and ensure
> > that it'll be working well for Woody. :)
>
> It sucks. It takes forever to install the system, apparently the disk IO
> operations are unbuffered. Any way to tune it?

I used gcc-3.0 with athlon optimization to get some 20-30% speedup
in kernel start up.

Not blastingly fast, though.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4