Re: jigdo on potato?

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 11:45:25AM -0800, Ryan Murray wrote:
> While poking about looking at jigdo, I noticed that there is no
> potato version available from the website, nor is it easy to build
> on potato.

0.6.2 is, actually:

./configure --without-libdb
make -C src jigdo-file

(The "jigdo" binary isn't really needed.)

> As many people will want to download CD Images of woody when it is
> released, jigdo really needs to be able to run on potato, even if
> the binaries end up having to statically link in some of the
> libraries that are not in potato.

As of 0.6.2, statically linked binaries which should work on potato
are available from the jigdo homepage (the "jigdo-file for Linux"
download, <http://atterer.net/jigdo/jigdo-bin-0.6.2.tar.gz>).

> I've also noticed that it hasn't been uploaded to the archive. Is
> there a particular reason for this? Waiting until the GUI portion is
> finished before uploading is missing out on a wider test user base.

Nobody asked for it, and I've been busy...

But since you're the second person asking, this has reached "critcal
mass". :-) What do other people think - should I upload it?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _