Re: CD image mirrors

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Oh, there is a way. It just isn't too pretty. (Or maybe I'm thinking wrong.)

specifically what did you want to add ?  (i'm trying to work out why it's
difficult - it's just a organization name and URL right?)

as a `sponsor' of ftp.au.debian.org, we'd certainly like to at least get
some recognition for providing this service, since we don't even get
mentioned in the url since we're aliased to a debian.org address.

> And OTOH the sponsors of normal mirrors never asked for any mention (though
> we do mention the sponsors of the official mirrors on the donations page).

it'd probably be nice to have a mechanism to at least add the organization
name and URL of their home site, if they ask/provide the information.

regards,

-jason