Creating CD covers [was: http://members.iinet.net.au/~silva/debian_cd_covers/]

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 08:21:54AM -0800, Fabrício dos Anjos Silva wrote:
> http://www.geocities.com/fabricio_dos_anjos_silva/debian_cd_covers/

OK, changed.

BTW, I haven't found *any* program to create CD covers that has the
following features:

- vector-oriented, so the text need not be converted to a bitmap and
  looks sharp with offset printing
- ability to import EPS & graphics, ability to export EPS/PS/PDF.
  (Export of PDF with embedded JPEGs would be even cooler, otherwise
  any graphics make the file so large.)

Candidates are xfig, sketch, dia and sodipodi. None of these can
import openlogo.eps. Only sketch has an EPS import filter, which
unfortunately utterly fails on openlogo.eps.

I tried a conversion EPS->PDF, but that doesn't improve the situation.
I also searched around on the web for a EPS->SVG converter (for
sodipodi), but the only one available is commercial software. Sodipodi
looks like a great program, I'd really like to use that. :-(

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _