Re: woody ISOs for non-i386?

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:15:44AM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 04:30:32PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
>>
>> Well, don't know if they are bootable or not, but debian-cd has the
>> boot-m68k scripts and they are run, it was a little error caused by the way
>> I mirror things, it is solved already.
>
>What happens in that script? I guess it puts some kind of rescue image into
>the first blocks, like i386 images are made bootable? I am pretty sure
>Amiga and Ataris can not boot from CD (there is amigalilo, but its not
>packaged and it doenst help for CDs). Not sure about Macs, but you still
>need MacOS to start linux. Some VMEs might boot from CD, no idea if that was
>ever tested.

Nick Holgate added the logic to make the VME machines boot, using
Intel-style El Torito. That's part of what boot-m68k does. It also
sets up the mkisofs options for CD1 so that Macs should be able to
read the CD OK, and similar tweaks for each machine type.

The other m68k machine types still need you to boot into the host OS
and then run the installer off the CD.

What was the original question again?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk