Re: PowerMac booting, dilemma

Le Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 05:24:13AM -0800, Ethan Benson écrivait:
> the problem is in order for it to do so i must use command line
> switches not compatible with mkhybrid.  this means either powerpc
> images are made only with mkhybrid, or only with mkisofs (from woody,
> potato's won't work).
>
> So what is the way to handle this?  cat i tell from
> tools/boot/potato/boot-powerpc whether mkhybrid or mkisofs is being
> used?  (sorry i still haven't managed to make complete sense of the
> way this all fits together).

Actually you can't know which one is used. But I can export the
MKISOFS variable and you could check against it. It contains the name
of the command that will be used. It's just a matter of adding
"export " just before the MKISOFS definition in the Makefile.
Take care, it will/may contain the complete path of the binary.

I've just committed this change.

> also are potato CD images (for new revisions) built on potato or
> woody?

I don't know. We need to ask Phil Hands. I guess it didn't matter until
now. We didn't rely on any fancy feature of mkisofs.

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com