help!!!

hi,
i recently tried to setup debian on my PC. Stuff worked fine and i have a text mode system working, however i have not been able to setup x windows properly. the problem is , when i try dselect , it does not give me the option of using the hdd where my files are kept.i have not yet understood how to give a path to access these files via the apt prog. using the "file:" tag. for example, how should the path look if my files are in
		h:\debian\dists\potato\main\binary-i386/<required dir>
another thing, the files i downloaded do not contain any subdirectories called "stable" "frozen" etc etc, all the deb files are in the directory mentioned above.

Also , is there any graphical kind of utility to do the configuration( like dbootstrap and the initial installation program)
	Any help regarding the above problems will be greatly appreciated.

thanking you,

Ashwin