Re: 2.2rev3 CDs (and status of cdimage.d.o)

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:43:03AM +0100, phil@hands.com wrote:

> BTW open.hands.com (a.k.a. cdimage.d.o, www.uk.d.o etc.) died rather
> more effectively than expected, and is no longer getting past the LILO
> end of today (GMT), at which point I'll move /dev/hdc to /dev/hdg,
> which should apparently side-step the issues with the VIA/Athlon combo.

It seems that that was a mis-diagnosis, and what what actually happening
was 2.4.3 not doing the right thing with serial consoles, combined with
me being a bit dim, and not realising that that was why there was no output
after the "Loading Linux".  Doh!

Anyway, the good news is that open is now up and running, using a 2.2.19
kernel, it's not generating the { DriveStatusError BadCRC } messages
on hdc (that seem to be related to the problems it was having), and it's
now running ext3, so should not end up failing to fsck if it does crash
again.

I've run debsums and rsync -c mirrors, without finding any corruption, so
it looks like I'm ready to do a CD run.

The only things I'm doing to the archive prior to making CDs, is deleting
the bulkmail binaries, and adding a link for the mysql source.  If there's
something I'm missing, please tell me about it.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/

Alcove UK  ---  Liberating Software  ---  http://www.alcove.com/