Re: How to partial mirror with pools?

>> everything works. The only obvious difference is that
ftp.uk.debian.org is
>> running a version that reports 'remote version=24', whilst my version and
>> ftp.de.debian.org report 'local_version=21' and 'remote_version=21'
>> respectively. Might this matter? rsync --version gives v2.3.2
>
>Yeah, I think I ran into this same problem and the same version number
>thing, right before I gave up on rsync and rewrote my partial mirror
>script for ftp.

I have just checked my scripts against ftp.uk.debian.org and they seems
to work properly. This might apply to the fact I don't use
--include/--exclude options. I checked against the sid distribution but
there is no reason it shouldn't work with others. The only problem I
have is non-US since UK doesn't have the same mirror name as DE.

See for yourself, my scripts are at "http://www.problemlos.ch/~otti/";.

O. Wyss