Re: Redesign of cdimage website

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Richard Atterer wrote:

RA> Myself, I'd want to download the images even if I had a permanent net
RA> connection, because I might want to install Debian on a friend's
RA> machine at one point, or use it for rescue booting when my system is
RA> broken, etc. etc...

I do the same - an important category of people that cdimage has
probably ignored to some degree up to now (and that new page goes a
long way to improving this situation - nice work!) is people in my
situation i.e. fast pipe at work, slow or non-existent pipe at
home. Its no problem for me to download the cd images but the only way
to upgrade my installation at home is to burn cds.

I know, I could assemble an entire ftp mirror but a) it consumes a lot
more space by default than a few iso images and b) despite my
familiarity with liunux/unix, I've never had any joy with the piks
thingie.

Thanks,

-stephen

--
  Stephen Mulcahy, Software Engineer, A&O - Multivendor Systems Engineering,
    Compaq Global Services, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway, Ireland.