Re: rsync trouble

Theo Bierman <theob@za.uu.net> writes:

>  hi
>
>  i am trying to make cds, when trying rsync I ran the following:
>
>  rsync -v --progress --stats -B=8192 ftp.sunet.se::pub/Linux/distributions/debian-iso/2.2_rev3/i386/binary-i386-1.iso .

You most likely want to also use --partial (or just -P) so that the
downloaded data isn't lost if rsync stops (get stoped) after 640MB.

When you stop rsync, move the partial file away, generate a new pseudo
image and concatenate the pseudo image and partial file. That way you
keep all the downloaded data and still gain by the pseudo image.

MfG
        Goswin