Re: First attempt to use apt-ftparchive

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 03:09:39PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I tried to solve #113794 by rewriting scanpackages to use
> apt-ftparchive. I have the script attached. But I'm really

I'm trying this, and am including local debs,

export LOCAL=1
export LOCALDEBS=/mirror/debian-cd.new/local-sid-ia64

and see

cp: cannot stat `/mirror/debian/dists/sid/local/binary-ia64/Release': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/mirror/debian/non-US/dists/sid/non-US/local/binary-ia64/Release': No such file or directory

I guess because $SECTIONS includes 'local'.  Anyway, those errors
seem to be harmless.

The other thing I'd like to be able to do is to include some of my
local debs in the desktop task.  The following change allows that,
provided I supply a suitable $LOCALDEBS/indices/override.sid.extra.local
file:

  # Creating the indices directory
  if [ ! -d "$BDIR/indices" ]; then
      mkdir $BDIR/indices
      cp $MIRROR/indices/* $BDIR/indices/
+     if [ -n "$LOCALDEBS" -a -d $LOCALDEBS/indices ]; then
+         cp $LOCALDEBS/indices/* $BDIR/indices/
+     fi
      gunzip -f $BDIR/indices/*.gz
      for SECT in $SECTIONS; do
          touch $BDIR/indices/override.$CODENAME.$SECT
          touch $BDIR/indices/override.$CODENAME.extra.$SECT
          touch $BDIR/indices/override.$CODENAME.$SECT.src
      done
  fi

so if you could include that, I'd be happy.

The resulting ISO looks good, will burn it and try an install
shortly.

Cheers,
  Richard