Multiple boot images for CD1

Guys -

Has anyone given any thought to having multiple boot images on the CD yet ?
I asked this some months ago and didn't get much of a response.

It's all well and good to have the main bootable image on the CD, but if you
need the IDE or COMPACT one, you have to make a diskette.  It would be much
slicker to be able to choose the image to boot from during the boot process.

Unfortunately the El Torito standard is pretty poorly implemented by most
bios's.  I've seen about a 50% working rate, where only the first image
boots.  And that's among new and current hardware - slightly older hardware
is rank ...

I've been messing around with Bart Lagerweij's diskemu for booting floppy
images, and it looks promising.  Essentially, diskemu is the boot image on
the CD, and allows you to choose the actual image to boot from.  You can
pick from a menu ...

	http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
	http://www.nu2.nu/diskemu/

If not diskemu (license, non-Linux, whatever), then is there something else
we could consider that will provide the same type of functionality ?

--
Dean Carpenter
Principal Architect