Re: [Fwd: Re: this is rather URGENT issues of Linux.]

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 09:34:57AM +0900, woosuk kwon wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> I'm a SE, Sun Microsystems Korea, Ltd.
> I'm going to install Debian 2.2 to SunFire 280r system which is
> UltraSPARC-III.
> But I don't have confidence whether support or not.
> If you wouldn't mind please answer it back as soon as possible.
> This is rather critical issues to me so I need your guides.

Use the boot images here:

http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/2.3.6-2001-06-22/

Install docs are there. Install Debian Woody (not potato). UltraSPARC
III is supported thanks to Dave Miller (who in turn got a system to do
the work on from SME in the US :)

If you have futher questions regarding sparc, please email
debian-sparc@lists.debian.org.

Ben