Re: 2.2r3 test images

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> So sprach Philip Charles am Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:26:07PM +0000:
> > I have just used up the last of a batch of 700 MB discs and I will not be
> > using them again.
>
> Uhm - how do you "measure" the quality of a CDR?  I'm also a small vendor,
> and use cheap (? <1,- DM (USD 0,45)) 700 MB CDR's - upto now I've not
> experienced any problem at all, and also none of my customers has complained
> about the CDRs I use.

The number of coasters.  My burner x8 burner (iomega) will drop its speed
if it does not like the media.  It dropped to x2 for 700 MB.  On another
el cheapo brand it dropped to x4 and produced coasters.  With high quality
650 media, Verbatim - Mitsubishi, no problems.  Who is the manufacturer of
yours?

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org