Re: Q: updating local ftp-mirror

I do a similar trick, using some scripts that tytso hacked out by
starting with the joeyh's debmirror and breaking it up into individual
pieces; I expended the pieces to handle sources as well as packages,
check a file for stuff that was already "home" (so I could just suck
down new stuff on to the laptop)  They're not in particularly good
shape, I'd almost suggest you look at debmirror too (but I can forward
them to you if you want to play with them and not ask me questions :-)
This does hint that at least there's more *interest* in this hack,
though, so maybe it would be useful to prod debmirror in that
direction.

Last I looked, you could find debmirror at
	http://cvs.kitenet.net/joey-cvs/bin/debmirror
straight out of cvs...  if you're mounting the complete disk, instead
of moving a machine or subset disk home, then the original debmirror
may suit you.