Re: mirror size

Attila Nagy wrote:

> It's funny, in Hungary you can get 9, 18, 36 and 75 GB SCSI disks. (two of
> them are unable to hold 21 GBs)

> And the funniest of all last week I got a 9 GB IBM SCSI HDD from Norway.
> The disk was made in Hungary :)

> ps: could you please donate some >21 GB disks into ftp.hu.debian.org? =)

I am currently maintaining two mirrors. The first one
is a (diskspace) donation from an ISP (ca. 25 Gigs). It has totally
100 Gigs space, but mainly for mirroring TUCOWS. The
second one is inside a university. It has 4 IDE disks
(7.5G + 7.5G + 6G + 6G) but it is used for everything (WWW and FTP).

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but I observe:
- not many are interested in CDROM #2 dan #3
- not many are interested in "non i386" (Poor people can not afford it :-)
- many "complains" about the no "non-free" policy :-(
- it is VERY difficult to install. I myself have never
  successfully installed X11 (without manually doing XF86Setup)
  and setting non-US in /etc/apt/sources.lists automatically.
  Therefore, I usually ask those without experience to use
  Corel Linux. But, updating from Corel to the official Debian
  is yet another problem.

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
- Jangan,jangan,samakan;VLSM-TJT dengan yang lain! A.Rafiq