Re: Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r2 Released

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 07:32:45PM +0100, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> I'm in the middle of writing a new script to go with debian-cd to
>> produce update r0 -> r* CDs. For now I'll work around this issue...
>
>Hmm. I wouldn't trust the Changelog too much. If I were to do such a thing,
>I'd probably compare the Filename: lines of the Packages(.gz) from the rev0
>CDs and the FTP mirror.
>
>Something like  grep '^Filename: ' | sed -e 's|.*/||' | sort , and then
>diff a b | grep '> ' | cut -d '_' -f 2-  to get the package names.
>
>Would be interesting to see if that would match the Changelog ;-)

Good point. I've just generated a diff from the old 2.2r0 images to
the 2.2r2 images I'm making. For just the binary packages, I count
1937 changes, as opposed to 1350 in the ChangeLog. I'm investigating
further...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there