Re: correct-i386-2 proved useless.

Hi :-)

>Okay. And you surely did "md5sum -b", didn't you? (the -b is terribly
>important)

This explains why it got a looong while to make the checksum of binary-1 and just a few seconds to make the same for binary-2...

Well, after making the _right_ md5sum I get the correct checksum. This means the last 4096 Bytes of the rsync aren't needed by me (and I already burned the CD ;-)) but this doesn't solve the problem of the failing rsync. :-(

>Correct, that's the way it's supposed to work. (At least at this moment;
>I'd love to see some changes in the rsync protocol to enable resuming.)

Me too :-) I'm sure the people behind it will make it! :-)

>(I'd call it bad news, since broken clusters usually mean big trouble ;-)

*laugh* It would have been bad news indeed, but slightly good at the same time :-))) It would have solved our problem...

Well, I will download now image 3 and see if there are problems with it (like image2) or if it will work, like image 1_NONUS.

I will tell you the results.

Thank you all again for your help and kindness :-)

Best regards,

	Luca Santarelli