Re: cool CD cover art

On 15-Sep-2000 Helmut 'Kolbi' Kolb wrote:

>> > but simple question: in this xcf format, is it posible to replace the
>> > "2.2" and "potato" strings by "2.3" and "woody"?
>> > that would be a partly solution...
>> Yes, it is. I've used the Gimp1.1 package. Each text line is on its own
>> layer,
>> so you can easily change the text.

> aehm - yes. i see. but is there a way to _change_ the text?
> i don't know the gimp very much. i have found the text tool, and
> there i can enter _new_ text, but no way to change your text.
> the other way, i should know the font(s) and the size(s), of your
> text(s)...
If you doubleclick the text tool, select 'use dynamic text'. Now
you can edit my text (I've used standard fonts, so you should have
them installed).

> another think: have you ever tried to print it?
> what percentage do you use, to fit it on a cd?
> a4 is a bit to much ;-)

Printing is a big subject :-)
I've done a new version of the covers (much cooler, btw), which
is aimed at300 dpi printing, which should make them fit exactly into
a jewewl case. The old version required some resizing (check the print size
in ->image->scale image...

-Mads