disks-i386 not taken into account in size calculation

Hello All!

I am trying to build binary images for potato that includes latest
security fixes. I am using debian-cd package to do that. The whole
process is successful, however I end up with the size of the binary
image for CD 1 as being over 780Mb, which clearly cannot fit on a CD
(650MB). I suspect the difference comes from disks-i386 files. I did the
following steps:

1) make distclean
2) make mirrorcheck
3) make status
4) make bin-list TASK=tasks/Debian_potato COMPLETE=1
5) make bootable
6) make packages
7) make bin-images

Step 4 suggested that 1395 packages went onto CD1, 1797 onto CD2 and 679
onto CD3.

Questions:

1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Is there a layout of each CD somewhere on the net where I can check
how it should look like in the end?

Thanks,
Milan