Re: Questions about using Debian-CD

Le Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 10:13:08AM +0200, Otto Wyss écrivait:
> 1. Make mirrorcheck starts apt-get update if a Package.gz file is
> missing. Of course apt-get terminates if it can't connect to a server.

No that's wrong and not possible ! It's not the standard apt-get update
that is launched, but it's called via tools/apt-selection which gives many
options to apt and it does use a source.list file that only contains lines
with file:/ URI and not any HTTP or FTP URI.

> 2. Make list TASK=... gives a statistic if anything is added. If the
> same statement is repeated no feedback is given. Could the statistic be
> returned anytime? Also it seems error are reported just the first time
> (unconfirmed).

?! If you launch make list a second time, nothing is done if you haven't
cleaned your tree ... that's what Makefiles are about, not doing things
twice it it's not needed. :) If you want to start again everything, please
do a make distclean before (it's automatically done in build.sh).

> Making the binary CDs bootable ...
> No script to make CDs bootable for i386 ...

You :
- either don't have a complete debian-cd tree
- or have misconfigured your CONF.sh (you probably have a bad BASEDIR
  setting...)

> 4. There is no make clean or any advice in the README how to start over
> again.

I've added some lines in my working copy, it will be added in the next
version.

> Generally errors are rather difficult to interpret. Could it be possible
> to show always the last package/file which is accessed when an error
> occurs?

Error shouldn't occur if make mirrorcheck passes successfully and if you
have configured correctly your variables (in CONF.sh).