Re: Test Cycle 2 Images available from 129.13.126.5::

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 09:07:26AM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> i rsync´ed to what was in phil´s non-US part.
> powerpc is still building, everythign else is there
> and md5sums are verified and o.k.
>
> rsync 129.13.126.5::debian-cd
I downloaded the m68k-1 image from there (wondered a little why the size
differs from the files size on auric...).

In the .list file for all arches I do not see the install directory
mentioned, but, at least on m68k, it is available.

Also available is disks-m68k/current, which is nearly a duplicate of the
install directory, at least at the moment. The only important thing that
seems to be missing in install is base2_2.tgz (plus images1.44, plus source
plus a few text files).

Now I am not sure how things should be designed, should base2_2.tgz be only
in disks-* or also in install? If it should be also in install, do we need
both directories? Why not just make a symlink from install to
disks-m68k/current (after making amiboot executable, which is only
executable in the install directory but not in disks-m68k).
That could save some space and minimized the chance to leave out certain
files to be copied into the install directory (quite a few seem to be
missing, but then I do not know which files mac and vme really need).
I did not burn the image yet, but at least for Amiga it seems to be
complete, only an install.info (icon) file, which could simply be a copy of
amiga.info, would be nice to have, so people can start the installation with
a few mouse clicks.

Christian