Re: error transforming to the official image

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Daniel de Aguiar Kamakura wrote:

> im downloading the debian iso image but i have a problem,
> i have made the pseudo-image using the pseudo-image-kit, it worked well, but
> when i try to transform to the official image it gives me this error:

> ERROR: file corruption in binary-i386-1.iso. File changed during transfer?

> Then i executed the md5sum in the binary-i386-1.iso and the result matched
> the `MD5SUMS' file in the appropriate directory of
> http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/cd-images
>
> is it a normal thing??

Yes, this strange erroneous error message does appear sometimes. Cause
unknown (unless you happen to find it ;-).

> can i burn the cd without any problem or it will fail?

If the md5sum matches, the .iso file is perfectly all right. Whether or not
you can burn the CD without problems is largely dependent on yourself and the
burning software you use ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer