Re: [Fwd: cdimage.debian.org password]

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Have you seen our (kernel.org's) mirror list?
>
> 	http://www.kernel.org/mirrors/
>
> I'd be happy to help you out with the scripts involved, if you think this
> would make sense for you (and for debian as a whole...)

Very nice indeed, but I suppose it's a bit "overdone" for the CD image
mirrors. And I personally kinda dislike HTML tables (but <tt> and &nbsp; can
also do lots of nice things). The current lists are already generated from a
small (plain text) database, so that's not the main problem.

Maybe it's an interesting option for the list of "regular" Debian packages
mirrors (http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors). I've Cc:'d
mirrors@debian.org so that they at least know that another option exists ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer