Building a custom CD

Hello,

I have a list of Debian packages from various sources (mainly potato
CDs) which I'd like to use to make a custom install CD (also useable as
a cdrom source by apt).
I understand I need to get those debs and recreate a
dists/potato/binary-i386/{categories} tree, and generate Packages.gz
files (maybe also Contents.gz ?) with proper priority information.

My question is, does all this have to be done manually or is there a
package which takes care of all that given (more or less) a directory
full of .debs and/or a package list ?

(extra bonus points if you only need to feed it a list, and it apt-gets
every package and its dependencies from usual apt sources and recreates
the whole CD tree from the apt cache)

Thanks for any answer.