RSYNC issues

I am confused.  It seems rsync is just a verifing program written to
make everyone who wants an "Official CD".  I downloaded (on a Windows
machine) an ISO from debian
(saen.debian.org::debian-cd/2.2_rev0/i386/binary-1386-1.iso) and tried
burning it directly with Adaptec EZcd creator.  As you can imagine it
bombed.  Cant find sector error.  So I thought "Oh I must need to RSYNC
it to get it up to snuff".  When ever I run RSYNC against it it is like
tring to download the entire CD again.  I thought it was just a
verifier?

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?  The Readme that came
with the file made it sound as though the RSYNC would not use much band
width: "...You can therefore very well use a slow 56k modem connection
without noticing grave slowdowns.  The RSYNC will only take about 20
minutes."

I left my 28k running for 2hours and got to 2% or about 8meg.

I am desperate.  What am I doing wrong please.

Thanks in advance,
Allen