Re: Getting ISO's....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hands" <phil@hands.com>
To: <RetailMessiah@aol.com>
Cc: <debian-cd@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: Getting ISO's....

> If really must use HTTP/FTP then find a mirror that supports it
> (there's a link buried deep in the cdimage.d.o web pages ;-), but be
> aware that there's a reason that we encourage people to use the
> pseudo-image-kit --- it works MUCH better than using FTP or HTTP in
> almost all cases.

Well, I loaded the images directly the first time (from mirrors, using
ftp/http), because I can use normal download managers, which support
automatic resuming etc.

When I have to update, I just read back the image from the CD I have burnt
it to and use rsync. So I use rsync but not the pseudo-image-kit.

Jens