Re: No symlinks in binary-i386

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Quietman wrote:

> I tried making a binary CD set of potato using debian-cd, from my own
> mirror. The images seemed to be created properly, but when I mounted
> them to check I discovered that although the binary-all tree had debs,
> there were no links to them in binary-i386.
>
> Have I done something wrong, or is this a bug?

I really don't know anything about using debian-cd, but from earlier
discussions I seem to remember that when using the "symlink farm" (really the
-F option to mkisofs) all symlinks will be flattened out, so the -all and
-i386 files are either hardlinked on the CD or separate full copies.

(I assume that everything from -all is also in -i386, but not as symlinks,
just regular files. If that's not the case, someone else will have to
answer ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer