Re: symlink farm results

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 04:20:46PM -0600, Glen W. Mabey wrote:

> Since the documentation for debian-cd says that the author has never
> actually tried it, I thought I'd post ...
>
> When I used the SYMLINK=1 option, I did successfully generate ISO images,
> however, when I mounted the image as a loopback device, I found that it
> only contained symlinks, and no .debs at all ...

That's because you did not read the entire CONF.sh and change the option
at the bottom:

# export MKISOFS=/usr/bin/mkhybrid
# export MKISOFS_OPTS="-a -r -T"        #For normal users
# export MKISOFS_OPTS="-a -r -F -T"     #For symlink farmers

Obviously, use the one for symlink farm. The -F options tells mkhybrid to
reference symlinks to their actual files. This has the affect of breaking
down all symlinks though (even the ones in other places on the CD, like
docs), but it works.

Ben