Re: Can't boot

Wakko Warner <wakko@animx.eu.org> writes:

> I downloaded the boot disks from potato and attempted to boot.  I also burnt
> a cd of the /debian-cd/2.2????/alpha/binary-alpha-1.iso and attempted to
> boot.  Both produce the same results.

ARGH. Crap crap crap crap crap.  I was hoping that some people would
have taken the initiative to actually test this stuff *before* the
release.  I am not endowed with the massive bandwidth that seems to be
required in order to make official CD images, so I can only test
boot-floppies.

I guess this will be a 2.2r1 issue then.

> When booting either, I do get through the aboot (using SRM console mode, not
> ARC)  Once I see the start of the linux boot, the cpu halts and it takes me
> back to the SRM prompt.  Sometimes I see a line that says the same thing as
> /proc/version would say.
>
> On the cd, it looks for boot/linux which exists in / not in /boot.

Okay, well, you are going to need to find the kernel and the root.bin
ramdisk image, then give them manually to aboot.  Boot with '-flags
i', then enter them at the prompt:

aboot> b /linux initrd=<path to root.bin> root=/dev/ram

--
David Huggins-Daines - dhd@debian.org