Re: Any success mirroring 2.2_rev0?

Heikki Vatiainen <hessu@cs.tut.fi> writes:

> jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > i can imagine it being slow - rsync is definitely more of a cpu suck
> > than ftp (mirror) as well as the usual mirror bandwidth issues.
>
> I can feel its pain. A little while ago I posted a pointer to the
> main Finnish Linux newsgroup and the interface utilisation measured
> from the switch is now about 35-45%. The interface is 100Mbit/s
> full-duplex ethernet :-)

Nice one --- cdimage.d.o is rather more relaxed now, because I've set
the connection limit down to 10, so the load is now around 3 rather
than 30

Despite that, it's still producing around 7Mbit/s of traffic on its
10Mbit LAN, so there seems little point increasing that limit, since
it will only mean that there will be more people getting images more
slowly.

Hopefully, this means that people are actually getting copies of the
images now -- if not, mail me, and I'll limit it even more.

BTW the Alpha images are now available.

If you are one of the lucky 10, I do hope you're not grabbing an images
that's available to you from another mirror, because that would not be
a clever use of resources.

Cheers, Phil.