Re: Is cdimage.debian.org down?

Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 12:05:37AM -0700, Martin Simmons wrote:
> >Is cdimage.debian.org down? I'm trying to make a pseudo image, but since
> >most the info is on the cdimage.debian.org site, which isn't responding,
> >it's hard.
>
> It would appear to be, yes. Phil's been having lots of problems with
> it over the last few days...

Up & down like YoYo :-(

It looks like I'll have to replace the whole thing, but I think I'm
probably better off living with it as it is until the release is out
of the way, rather than changing everything (which carries with it the
possibility of making things worse).

Of course, the thing that most regularly seems to coincide with it
crashing is creating CDs :-/

Anyway, I should obtain the credentials today, to allow me to get it
power-cycled without having to rely on anyone else to pass on the
message (which is the reason that it's been going down for hours
rather than minutes).

BTW does anyone know if there's a kernel option to make it do a hard
reset if it panics?  If there is such a thing that would probably help
a lot.

Cheers, Phil.