Re: Attempted upgrade

On Mon, 29 May 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

**cut
> Only it's not really needed when upgrading from 2.1rX (any X) and using
> FTP/HTTP/local mirror; the 2.1rX apt already handles that fine. However, using
> static apt/dpkg won't do any harm. Problem is that those versions use glibc2.1
> hostname lookups, that aren't supported by older libc's, so when using static
> apt, you need to know IP addresses of any FTP/HTTP mirror you use.
>
> > Has the static dpkg in upgrade-i386 been fixed yet? Where do I get it?
>
> Oh yes, I fixed it right away. http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/potato/ as
> before. You can check the PGP sig of md5sum.dpkg.i386, it should be Raphael's
> now.

Great, I will get it in a few minutes.

Remember that I am testing a CD upgrade.  The person I am imitating hangs
off the end of a 56 K modem and so will be using discs.

> > 1.3.1
>
> Okay, that's allright. Feel free to do whatever you want ;-)

Will install 1.3.1 on no. 2 machine later today.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818