Headless Installation

Hi all !

I just tried to install potato onto an Intel isp1100 19" server.
This servers do not have a VGA card so I have to install it redirecting
the console to the serial port.

BUT

I was used to append the following lines to my lilo prompt to redirect
kernel messages to ttyS0 while startup:

	serial=0,9600n8 console=ttyS0,9600

but the Debian install/resccue disks/cds stop loading after a while.

Any suggestions how to install servers without VGA cards ?
Do I need to replace the Kernel on the bootdisks/cds ?

any help welcome :-)

Florian!

PS: do I need to start a getty on ttyS0 to make use of the console (as I
do at the moment), or is there another need  option to directly control
the server via a serial interface ?

 n e t - o p e r a t i o n s    http://www.net-operations.de
              Florian Kunkel    F.Kunkel@net-operations.de
           Kattreinstraße 38    Tel:+49 6151-367033
           D-64295 Darmstadt    Fax:+49 6151-367034