RE: Beta tester for cd images?

On 29-Nov-1999 Jose L Gomez Dans wrote:
> Hi!
>       First of  all, excuse me if this is off-topic or irrelevant. I
> thought it might be relevant to this list. Also, would you please send a
> copy of the reply to my  address, as I'm not subscribed to the list?
>
>       OK, I was looking at the archives, as I wanted to get hold of a cd
> image of Potato. So far, I found no "authoritative" answer on whether this
> is possible or not. I think not, but... I also saw a number of e-mail
> messages on people who could burn CDs for other to test. Putting two  and
> two together, I was wondering whether it would be possible for a
> non-developer (i.e., me :D) to burn a cd image of potato for  beta testing.

Most of us use YACS (now called debian-cd) to create images
from our own local archive of Debian.  I am not aware of
any publically available images.  In my case I simply
do not have the bandwidth to offer the images, as my
internet connection is two paper cups and some string.

There will most likely be beta images available sometime
in January, but that has not been worked out yet.

Hope this helps.

--
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over: