Re: [NEWS] status of boot-flopppies

Moin J.A. Bezemer,

> I'm sensing some too large amount of experience here. This is the first screen
> that UNEXPERIENCED users will see, so it must be _very_ clear. Like this:

  Well I think that a Debian CD should be usefull for "gurus" also.
  We are currently assembling a Bremer-Debian "Selecting of Potato",
  which is quite the opposite, of what I want on a Debian-Boot CDROM.

  If you are not shy to download 430MB, you may waste a cyan disk,
  by burning something that has only an "always press return"
  installation, in german language. We have prepared this selection
  about two weeks ago, and will throw the first alpha release into
  public at the Bremer Linux Install Party at Nov 29th.

  People inside germany - should eMail me their postal adress. I wont
  do such a thing without a sponsor in the background. The sponsor
  itself is a medium sized german ISP, who has the problem that
  customers are slowly migrating to Linux. Well this may not call a
  problem, but those people get a quaterly CDROM full of WinDoof tools
  they dont need. And our support would prefer, if our customers are
  running the same kind of Linux as we do internal.

  The image may change soon after the install party, and it may change
  the next days without warning. I'll officialy anounce it here, if we
  think that its stable enough to qualify download. Some of the versions
  did behave badly because of potato inconsitence. e.g. we had a version,
  where LILO had been deleted by dselect, because it went out of util-linux.

  For the impatient http://www.copyleft.de/ is the starting point,
  and the project is called "Bremer Debian", which should be possible
  to find without german knowledge. There is a current problem with
  wu-ftp directory since last potato update (Durruti is not only
  running the mirror, I'm adminstrating it in best IBM sense: If
  this maintenance broke something, the next will fix it :-) so
  you should use ncftp and not lynx as ftp client.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de     	UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:1.2:13'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/		CETERUM CENSEO MSDOS ESSE DELENDAM