Re: The Pesudo-Image Kit v1.0

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
> > - Don't ever use wget to get separate files from FTP. Inetd will kill
> >   services that have more than 40 connects per 60 seconds... So that's why
> >   I'm using ncftp in the background.
>
> Any FTP mirror worth their salt should have this disabled :P

I hope so indeed, but no one can verify all 119 listed Debian mirrors are
'worth their salt'... At least, my private one wasn't ;-)
But assuming this will certainly make a Win port easier.

> If you are
> feeling adventurous you could use the APT ftp download method, it would be
> fairly well suited to this actually. Docs are in one of the APT doc
> packages..

The basic idea of these programs is to keep them as independent as possible.
Of course, these are only sample implementations -- there are many other ways
to make things work. So if you've got some free time ...  ;-)

Regards,

  Anne Bezemer