Re: Creating Official Debian CD-Image

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Hugh Cowan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if you can help me.  I saw your name in reference to
> downloading the official debian cd-image, so I thought that I would give you
> a try.
>
> I have downloaded the Official CD-Image in 8MB chunks, but I am having
> trouble getting it back together, and then burnt onto the CD-ROM.
>
> Can you piece it back together and burn it to CD using Windows 95, or do you
> have to use Linux in order to do that?

I went though a similar exercise with 1.3.1 and used Linux to assemble the
iso image from the bits and to check the md5sums.  I then burnt the disc
under win 95.  If your image is corrupt, the bits may have been
reassembled in the wrong order.

> I tried combining the files together, and then using Adaptec Easy CD-Creator
> to burn the image, but it says that the CD-Image File is corrupt.
>
> The other thing is, how can I create the MD5SUM in order to check that they
> were downloaded properly?  Or again, is this something that has to be done
> using Linux?
>
> If you could help me, or point me somewhere, Web Page, Newsgroup, etc..

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
I sell GNU/Linux CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz