Re: YACS again

Le Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 02:32:49PM +0000, Steve McIntyre écrivait:
> Hmmm. I carried on, assuming the mirror should be correct.

What configuration were you using (the environment variables) ?

> leo:~/debian/yacs$ make status

Should output something. This does mean that you already had a status file.
It shouldn't be a problem though.

> leo:~/debian/yacs$ make list COMPLETE=1 SIZELIMIT=576716800
> Apt-get is updating his files ...
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done

It should output more information about how he dispatched the packages.
The same as above, this does mean that you already had .list files in the
temp dir.

> leo:~/debian/yacs$ make bootable
> Adding disks-i386 stuff ...
>
> Apt-get is updating his files ...
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Adding the required directories to the binary CDs ...
> Generating the binary CD labels and their volume ids ...
> Adding the documentation ...
> Adding install tools and documentation ...
> Making the binary CDs bootable ...
> cp: cannot create regular file `boot1/boot/resc1440.bin': Permission denied

Looks like the file/dir already existed with other permissions ...

> [ ??? ]
>
> leo:~/debian/yacs$ make packages
> Apt-get is updating his files ...
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Adding the selected packages to each CD :
> 1 ...

You should see "done" when finished with each CD.

> This last step seemed to work, but overflowed the sizelimit above. And
> then when I tried to do "make bin-image CD=2" it failed completely - I
> don't get a CD 2 at all.
>
> Ideas?

You've got so many strange things that I think that you did not clean
everything with :
make distclean

This will remove all the previous temp files and after that everything
should work again. If this doesn't solve your problem then please give me
more information.

Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://ntux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://ntux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>