Re: yacs build/install repor

Le Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 09:58:54AM -0700, Jim Westveer écrivait:
> Humm,, yacs will not create TDIR if it does not exist.

Ok corrected for the next version.

> The following errors/warnings are found:
>
> Use of uninitialized value at /home/jwest/yacs/tools/list2cds line 119,
> <STATUS> chunk 2135.

That's strange ... not dangerous but strange. Do you have only a single
warning like this one ?

And is your line 119 the same than mine ?
        $cd_size += $packages{$p}{"Size"};

> I am guessing these package names were from 'master' and
> are not in the potato archive.  Again understandable, and
> due to slink boot-floppy info....so on we go.

Yes. You have also other information about refused packages because they
are non-free/non-US and so on.

I usually do this :
make list COMPLETE=1 SIZELIMIT1=... 2>error.log | tee log

The error log is about "problems" (missing packages and so on) while
stdout explains the decision taken by the script (refusing packages
because non-free/non-us or dependency problem).

> When apt-get completes, I ran dselect, to pick up the
> remaining packages...and volia....a new installation
> of potato entirely from CD/ROM #1

That's cool, I thought the system was not installable with those
boot-floppies because of libc problems ...

> When the spirit moves me again, I will try the apt-cdrom
> method, with multiple disks...but thats another day.

Yes that's definitely needed with some explanation put together in a
README.multicd file. The file written by Steve is not included in potato
CD built by Yacs since it does describe dselect multi-cd methods and I
think that we'll switch to apt-cdrom for potato ... also the README.arch
files are missing in $BASEDIR/data/potato.

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/