Re: sunsite.org.uk - rsync access to cd-images

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > It would be great if you could provide us with another high bandwidth
> > mirror though, especially if its on the other side of the Atlantic.
>
> Now that we have the resources avaiable it would be nice to put the master
> server onto one of Debian's machines - it ultimately becomes more
> maintainable - you have been and still are doing a great job, so it's no
> big deal...

a high bandwidth site closer to this side of the pacific would be most
helpful.. there are half a dozen australian archives who make mirrors
of the debian cd images available.. is there any possibility for a physical
CD distribution scheme possible ?  i realise it sounds weird, but to
update all the images from the US/UK costs around AU$400 in network download
charges (we pay $140 per gigabyte of traffic)  - if some CDs were pressed
containing the .iso files (not a bootable iso cd!), it would drop the cost
down considerably for us (sneakernet is viable again!)

-jason