Re: YACS 0.2 does build binary CDs !

Le Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 04:23:27PM +1200, Philip Charles écrivait:
> I have taken a quick look at YACS and as far as I can determine it goes
> straight though to write the images, which is no good to me.  I store my

You don't need to write the images ... you can do :
$ make potato_status
$ make list
$ make bootable
$ make packages
$ make md5list

Than you have your tree without the images. You can build the images with
make images later ... when I suggested make official_images it was only a
convenient way to do everything in one command line ...

I'll add explanation about make packages in the README.

> disc sets as disc trees (hard links and all that) as this saves HDD space.

This is how YACS does it too.

> I would find provision for the inclusion of a local fs helpful.

Do you want to add a directory to the CD ? Read the README about make
extras. But the files must be on the same partition as they will be
hardlinked. BTW, I never tried make extras. :)

> Being written in perl is a pain as far as I am concerned as it means that
> I have to work out how to butcher the code.

What do you want to butcher ? Perl is used for list2cds and some scripts
but in the Makefile, it's plain sh as it's in some other scripts that are
in the tools dir.

Please if you want to correct/enhance something, tell me what and I'll try
to do it.

BTW, I wonder how you would have written list2cds in shell ... :-D

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/