Re: What has happened.

Jens Ritter <jens@hilbert.weh.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> How do we do quality checking with images? Do we want to send some
> BETA images to a team of testers? It seems that though the freeze
> period of slink was rather long, some bugs still slipped through.

We could provide same basic checks (used before/after CD creation) -
analog to lintian, but specifically for CDs:

- check for file corruption - it would be nice if these checks can be
  made from every OS including Win* etc.

- check for unmet dependencies, broken sym/hard links on the CD

- check if Packages file corresponds to the files contained on the CDs

Bye
  Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany  leutloff@sundancer.oche.de