Re: Mkisofs, CD record

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Vankeerberghen Pieter wrote:
>
> >I've a the kernel 2.0.36 on a P133, 16 MB RAM, programmed IO SCSI card
> >and a plextor RW4, 2, 20. Try to burn on the fly from an IDE disk to the
> >plextor with piping the result of mkisofs to cdrecord 1.6.1.  At 4 speed
> >in dummy mode, I get either underruns or SCSI command failures (cannot
> >fix in dummy mode).  Without dummy mode, coasters of course.  Anyone an
> >idea ? replace the SCSI with bus master

I use a mkhybrid | cdrecord pipe with a p133 with 32 MB RAM using SCSI
emulation for a IDE writer.  Usually the buffer is never less than 96%
full with no other loading.  Can drop to 80 - 85% full if I am doing other
things.  How full is your buffer?  How large is it?  I use the default of
4 MEG.

Phil.